Attractions & Activities
LancasterHistory is an award-winning, local history museum with exhibitions, tours of President James Buchanan’s Wheatland, a Research Center, a Museum Store, and the Louise Arnold Tanger Arboretum.
LancasterHistory is your connection to Lancaster County’s history!
LancasterHistory is an award-winning, local history museum located at 230 North President Avenue just outside Lancaster City. At the 11-acre campus, visitors can…
- Take a guided tour of Wheatland, the beloved home of 15th U.S. President James Buchanan
- Visit museum exhibitions and view the latest exhibition, Lancaster in the ’60s
- Search for your Lancaster County connection in our Research Center, with more than 2 million documents, manuscripts and books, access to the Library Edition of Ancestry.com and a variety of additional databases and resources
- Tap into the expertise of our staff, who together have more than 100 years’ experience in genealogy, Lancaster history, and scholarly research
- Walk the grounds of LancasterHistory, including the Louise Arnold Tanger Arboretum and Dwarf Conifer Garden
- Take a piece of history home with you when you shop at The Museum Store
- Attend one of our many events, many of which are low cost, free, or kid-friendly
To learn more or purchase tickets, please visit our website, www.lancasterhistory.org.
More Lancaster City Attractions & Activities
Long’s Park's outdoor amenities include picnic pavilions, a petting farm, children’s playgrounds, and a three-acre, spring fed lake, tennis courts…
North Museum of Nature and Science
Voted Lancaster's Best Museum, the North Museum inspires curiosity about the worlds of natural history and science. Meet the residents…
Lancaster Virtual Reality Lounge
Virtual reality arcade. Retro games. Birthday parties. Corporate events. Team building. Fundraisers. We'll even bring VR to you.