Attractions & Activities
LancasterHistory is an award-winning, local history museum with exhibitions, tours of President James Buchanan’s Wheatland, a Research Center, a Museum Store, and the Louise Arnold Tanger Arboretum.
LancasterHistory is your connection to Lancaster County’s history!
LancasterHistory is an award-winning, local history museum located at 230 North President Avenue just outside Lancaster City. At the 11-acre campus, visitors can…
- Take a guided tour of Wheatland, the beloved home of 15th U.S. President James Buchanan
- Visit museum exhibitions and view the latest exhibition, Lancaster in the ’60s
- Search for your Lancaster County connection in our Research Center, with more than 2 million documents, manuscripts and books, access to the Library Edition of Ancestry.com and a variety of additional databases and resources
- Tap into the expertise of our staff, who together have more than 100 years’ experience in genealogy, Lancaster history, and scholarly research
- Walk the grounds of LancasterHistory, including the Louise Arnold Tanger Arboretum and Dwarf Conifer Garden
- Take a piece of history home with you when you shop at The Museum Store
- Attend one of our many events, many of which are low cost, free, or kid-friendly
To learn more or purchase tickets, please visit our website, www.lancasterhistory.org.
More Lancaster City Attractions & Activities
Ghosts Tours of Lancaster
Great fun for the whole family!
Brandon Park includes basketball courts, playground and new public art sculpture Revolutions.
LancasterHistory is an award-winning, local history museum with exhibitions, tours of President James Buchanan’s Wheatland, a Research Center, a Museum…