There are a variety of public spaces where individuals or organizations can hold events in the city. An activity permit application is required in order to reserve public space for an event.

Facility/Activity Permit Application – If you need assistance completing a permit application or have any questions, please make an appointment before coming into our office as it is difficult to accommodate drop-ins. To make an appointment, contact Kayla Forgrave, Special Events Manager, at 717.291.4758 or

Guidelines and Policies

Street Closure Guidelines

Map of Penn Square – Heritage Quadrant

Types of events that would need permits include, but may not be limited to:

Block Parties
Street Closings
Information tables/displays

The City of Lancaster’s Facility/Activity Permit Application must be used for the locations listed below. Amenities for each space are listed on the permit application.

Binns Park
Brandon Park
Buchanan Park
Conlin Field
Crystal Park
Culliton Park
Lancaster Square
Musser Park
Mayor Janice C. Stork Corridor Park
Penn Square – Citizens Bank Quadrant
Penn Square – Fulton Bank Quadrant
Penn Square – Heritage Quadrant
Reservoir Park
Rodney Park
South End Park
6th Ward Park
General Street Closings

In addition to the Permit Application, you may need to file other applications with various City Departments depending on the event. Below are additional permit applications for download and use in conjunction with the Facility/Activity Permit Application.

Residential Block Party Permit Application

Traffic Control Permit Application

Noise Variance Application

Long’s Park Reservations. For those who are interested in renting a pavilion or areas at Long’s Park please contact the City of Lancaster Bureau of Parks at 717.291.4835.

Roberto Clemente Park. Rentals go through Facilities at King Elementary. Contact Linda Kerns at 717.291.6106 ext. 81501.

County Parks information. Please call the Lancaster County Parks & Recreation Department at 717-299-8215.